Friday, February 19, 2010

February 7, 2010 – Moderation!

Yesterday, I ate rather optimistically.  Ok, I overate and am paying a bit of a price today.  Ann went out and got me some hummus cups for lunch and that seems to hit the spot.  Still being very careful about the hiccups, so I’m drinking slow and steady, Gatorade and water.  Yum!

Dan is visiting.  I’m not exactly a ball of energy, so we’re watching “MythBusters.”  They just proved that a 44 cal bullet sized hole in a gas tank trailing fuel will not ignite the tank.  Now, they’re trying to see if a car can be destroyed by its sound system.  I sense a theme.

It’s Super Bowl Sunday.  We should have a pool on what time in during game I’ll fall asleep.  Or pass out.

The dogs are showing their innate intelligence, lying on the hardwood floor, basking in the sun.  Maybe I’ll join them!

I’m taking the reading down to a more basic level.  Zoe sent me a copy of Terry Border’s Bent Objects, amazing what the man can do with a little wire and assorted stuff: potato chips, toast, gum wrappers, an egg, etc.  The constructions mostly accompanied by one line comments, but a few have a HOWTO to make your own, and some have a longer narrative. Haven’t lost the plot line yet!  (Thanks, Zoe! meets the moment!)

The Super Bowl “pre-game” is on.  While I’m waiting for my Cream of Wheat to cool (mmmm supper) I’m taking my queue from Chris Chandler (via newsletter) who is contrasting Katrina to the Haiti earthquake.  To be honest, I can’t follow Chris and it sounds tack on, so I’ll try to read it again next week.  To be honest, I won’t follow the TV “pre-game” because it’s been said and said and said.  Maybe if they upgraded the ads earlier in the day?  (Nay nay nay.)

Having Dan visit is a lot of fun.  For me, anyway.  He and Ann can watch me nap between meds.  I gotta remember to take my glasses off before sleeping – have a perfect mold of the sidebar behind my ear!  Dan introduced us to a new show, “Man vs. Food” – this episode for the Super Bowl was surrounded by a Miami 16” x 4” Cuban sandwich, sliced pork, roasted pork, veggies, and some volcanic looking sauce.  Truly big.  A challenge for Rosey.  Don’t think they have the vegan version.  Don’t think I’d attempt it!

Colt picked to win.  Saints the sentimental favorite.  America awaits!

Love…

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment