Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21, 2010 – Sleep sweet Sleep

Finally, a full night’s sleep!  Fell asleep at midnight and didn’t get up until 9:39 am!  For some reason, I feel different today.  Rode the LifeCycle for a steady 24 minutes.  Staying strong.

Yesterday, Renee & Marshall came to visit.  Renee brought her Particle famous chocolate chip cake and a bunch of Middle Eastern goodies (real food).  We had time for conversation and embarrassing stories from my childhood (great future fuel for Adam & Dan.)  Not to worry, Eric is coming to visit next week and I’ll find a few Renee stories to tell him!


The twenty-one day chemo cycle is a real roller coaster ride.  All along, I’ve felt ready and willing for the next infusion.  Today, I feel ready on a different level, Bring It On ready.  The difference is that I was willing and able for the next treatment.  Now, rested and with a “sweet” week behind me, I’m geared up and ready to roll.  One chemo cycle down, two to go!

Radiation looms on the horizon, but it’s beyond my vision.  Thinking that far ahead is far from productive.  I’m confident that I will be Bring It On up and good to go when the time is here.



Grandpa Bill (Ann’s Dad) came to visit today and we ordered in from Blue Jeans Pizza, though none of us had pizza!  Good to see Bill, first visit since my chemo treatments started.  Then, I drove over to my parents’ with Rudy Dog. Again, haven’t visited with them since the start of my treatment.  Daily phone calls keep us close, but being in the same room is incomparable.

Ok, busy day.  Time for a nap.  Thanks Arlene for the phone call.  I always feel so energized after our conversations.  You are my hero!

Love…

Richard

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you got some sleep... Attitude is a huge roll in recovery (or at least it was with mine)

    ReplyDelete