Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23, 2010 – Documentation Day

If Dana Farber’s infusion schedule hadn’t changed, I’d be hooked up to the chemo infuser at this moment.  They switched the day to Thursday, so I have a two-day vacation.  I’m wondering what the cumulative effects of chemo will be.  I feel good but not nearly as physically strong as I felt before treatment one.  I’m not concerned, more curious.  Whatever it will be, I’ll take it a day at a time and work my way through it.  My guess is that I’ll sleep more.  I understand how to use the meds and the flow of the twenty-one day cycle.  In a couple of weeks, I’ll be more than half way through chemotherapy.

Spent most of the morning and some of the afternoon documenting A&D’s General Ledger Rollover procedures.  My head is clear and I felt in full control of the task.  I did the rollover as I documented it.  My surprise is how much the concentration took out of me physically.  The lunch break really helped get me revved up again.  This is a lesson in managing my energy level.  I am pleased how concentration trumped fatigue this morning.  And I’m pleased how my mind and body bounced back after lunch.  It feels wonderful to be productive.  It also feels like a nap is in order.

Had another great night’s sleep last night.  The whole process of the treatments involves learning to make adjustments.  I have a new body and the mind/body communication is a foreign language.  Understanding that conventional reactions are no longer appropriate, I explore new ways.  With the second chemo treatment, I’m sailing more familiar waters, but the weather is unpredictable! Bring It On!

Love…

Richard

3 comments:

  1. I firmly believe it was my attitude that took me sailing through my chemo and radiation. Don't lose that! And most important ~ everyone's body reacts differently... don't listen to everyone's war stories! (including mine)....I am always available to chit chat.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. I have so much to be grateful for in my life. I have an excellent prognosis. So to chemo & radiation, I say Bring It On! I know it won't be easy, but there is balance in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, cupcake. My money's on you in Round 2. I send you my love and my very best good, strong wishes. Knock 'em dead.

    ReplyDelete