Friday, February 19, 2010

February 16, 2010 – Two weeks and to work

I took my chemo dose two weeks ago today, though the 5FU was hooked up for five days.  Been though the active chemo, the immediate side effects, and the “working” side effects.  Now, I’m experiencing the post side effects which is my favorite stage, at least so far.  My appetite is back. I am hungry, eating larger small meals.  I lost about 8-9 pounds that the doctors figure I’ll put back on this week.  Oh boy, you know what that means.  Guilt free eating also know as (aka) free range eating.  Aka by me.  There are odd things.  My stomach now speaks a new language.  All these years, we’ve understood each other perfectly and now it speaks Japanese!  

It says “!@#$%^&” 
and I say “Huh? You hungry buddy?” 
“)(*%^&*$”  
“Ok, no. Full?” 
“)(*%^&*$”  
“Ok, no. Empty?” 
“)(*%^&*$”  
“Need to poop?” 
“)(*%^&*$”   
“Ok, let’s try some more Tums. They have calcium.  Calcium is good for bones.” 
"#&$$%^&^  ^^$^$  #$%^&*!~”  
“Ok, we’ll talk later. Huh?  Oh, you’ll talk later.  I’ll listen.  Gotcha!”

My next two chemo series start February 25th and March 18th.  Then, we’re on to radiation prep.

Went into work for 2-3 hours today.  Time flies when you’re having fun and I was.  Good to be back in my office in my chair.  My office is the last down the hall, out of traffic, isolated in a sense.  Don’t worry, Mom & Dad, I stayed a distance from everyone and used lots of Purell.  It was fun to hear the laughter, the voices talking, the machines rumbling over the freezer floors.  Better to see everyone – Casie is engaged and very excited (well, we all are for her.  Young love!) I hoped to complete the financial statement for January, but we made some logistical changes before I left and I spent a good portion of my time hooking up files.  I ran all the reports I` need and tomorrow, I can get into the meat of the statement.  If need be, I can finish on Thursday.

Cool news – Adam arrives in Boston on Wednesday night.  Dan will pick him up at Logan around 10:00 pm.  Ad will take a train to Worcester on Thursday.  Will be wonderful to see him, wonderful to have the whole family together for a long weekend.  Thanks, Ad!

Love…

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment