Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9, 2010 – Happy Mothers Day!

Short posting for today, been napping a lot.  My parents and Renee & Marshall had a lot of fun last night with Dan & Adam.  This morning, the doorbell rang and beautiful flowers for Ann from the boys arrived.  We went to visit my parents this afternoon.  The flowers we ordered for Mom didn’t show up.  There was a snafu at the florist and they will deliver (with a bonus) on Monday.  We had a fine time with my parents, and then returned home.  I’m going to hit the couch for another nap soon as I finish blogging.

I’m quite fatigued this weekend and my mouth-neck-throat are becoming increasingly sore.  Tomorrow is a six-appointment day at Dana Farber.  I’ll see all of my med friends!  And likely, sleep in the car both ways!

Thanks everyone for your notes of comfort and concern.  Your support helps me through these increasingly challenging days.

Love…

Richard

1 comment:

  1. Over halfway through … The marathon is difficult now. The body is tired, pushed far beyond its normal limits. And still the finish line is not close. It’s still out there in the distance. This is not the brightest time, not the most comfortable. And there is the knowledge that it may get even more challenging. But, soon you will be able to see the finish line. Soon the effort will seem entirely worthwhile. In the meantime, I am with you, thinking of you, sending you my love and my best wishes. I wish you didn’t have to do this … but, I absolutely know that you can and that you will. Courage, my friend. I admire you more than I can tell you.

    ReplyDelete