Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28, 2010 – Radiation 33 [2 to go]

You knew this wouldn’t end without a challenge or two.  Today, I woke up over heated and with a slight fever – fever due to the 90+ degrees exterior heat and a well-insulated house – and with diarrhea.  We left early for Dana Farber so the nurses could kick my tires before radiation.  I felt cooled off and better by the time we arrived in Boston.  But Little Bang was sick and down - a bad bearing best my ears could tell!  A machine in Brigham & Women’s Hospital mirrors each machine in Dana Farber’s radiation arsenal.  Off we went, cross campus, to BWH, to meet Little Bang’s twin.

I’m still wiped out and cannot do this story justice.  Let’s just say that Dana Farber gives Little Bang much nicer digs!

I forgot to list yesterday’s music – The Beatles from Rubber Soul and Revolver.  Tracks played were “Here, There And Everywhere”, “For No One”, “Good Day Sunshine”, “And Your Bird Can Sing”, If I Needed Someone”, “In My Life”, “Nowhere Man”, and “Norwegian Wood”.

Today, I introduced Little Bang’s twin to Particle, playing a couple of soundboard live tracks: “Little Wing” and “The Elevator”.

I don’t feel well and will cut this short.  These moments of feeling yucky are expected.  So I need to focus my view real short.  The next two weeks may be a real roller coaster ride.

Here’s where YOU come in.  Your support and comfort keep me going no matter how I feel.  Today, I am leaning on you.  And I so appreciate you.

Love…

Richard

3 comments:

  1. hang in there.. Richard... TWO MORE TO GO... get rest and relax this weekend.... YOU GO !!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the Bang sisters. I should have known. Sorry Other Bang's house is a little run down.

    I'll echo TaDa. Rest. Relax. Restore. Roll on. And thank you so much for checking in even on the hard days. You inspire me every single day ... but, these days, the hard ones, you inspire me the most.

    It's Friday. The streets are ours. Rest knowing that every one of us on this blog wishes you comfort and ease. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending gentle, cooling, restful ZOOMS, Richard. We so appreciate your posts. Love to you, Ann and All.

    ReplyDelete