Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21, 2010 – Radiation 28 [7 to go] finally Friday!

And I am officially exhausted. Fatigued to the max!  My friend Larry drove me to Dana Farber today.  I’d looked forward to the ride with a lifelong buddy, but fatigue/drugged up feeling took over.  We had a lot of family “gossip” to catch up on.  I slept most of the ride both ways.

I was so wiped out that I misplaced the iPhone with “my” music queued and ready for radiation.  (Hid it in my sweat pants pocket!)  The techies played vintage Motown for me.  Nice techies.

So, thought I’d feel better today but am a little worse if anything – that’s the short view.  The long view is that I have SEVEN radiation treatments – SEVEN – left.  That’s cool.

I’m happy the weekend is here.  I hope I do better than sleep.  Adam & Dan are visiting.  We’ll see.  Time to be strong in a different sense.  I could easily sleep all day, but must get my body in motion.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy the beautiful Spring weather.  Enjoy friends and family.  You are my anchor and I am so thankful that you are a part of my life.  I never feel alone with you.

Time to write blog: 1:28:48. (hr:min:sec)

Love…

Richard

1 comment:

  1. You are my anchor, sweet friend. It's Friday and the streets are ours ... mostly because we're lying in them, but they're ours. Ours.

    I hope you will rest deeply and profoundly. Your body is doing what it needs to do to plow through the challenge. It's good that you push to move, but also very good that you sleep and sleep. You're a good listener. You'll know just what to do.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend of dreams. I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete