Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010 – Here comes the weekend

Sweet Saturday slept in late and just woke from my third or fourth nap!  I must need the rest!

For breakfast, I drank a Boost and then did a can of formula through the stomach tube.  As I lay back bloated, I realized the opposite order would have made much more sense!

It’s fun having Dan and Ad and Blaze dog visiting. The doggies all get along, well sort of.  Adam's Blaze is a black lab; she's very sweet and gentle but big, one tail swipe can clear a table.  Lacey, our geriatric Bichone, is also sweet and gentle, though happily dealing with a bit in dementia.  Young toy poodle Rudy is a jealous doggie!  He growls when ALL the attention is not headed in his direction.  Rudy will survive.  Hoping these three weeks with Blaze will be a good learning experience for Rud-a-boo.

Ann’s Dad Bill & girlfriend Mary came by for lunch.  We ordered lunch in from Blue Jeans, all except me.  I had a bowl of Campbell Vegetarian Vegetable soup with sopped crackers.  The visit was a lot of fun.  Mary is very sweet and makes Bill very happy. Which in turn makes us all very happy.

Tonight, Dan & Ad will pick my Mom & Dad and meet Renee & Marshall at Romaine’s Restaurant in Northborough.  It’s an early Mothers Day dinner.

Ann & I will take it easy (I feel another nap coming on) tonight.  It’s a weekend of celebration.

Thanks for the cards, notes, and email messages.  I never feel alone.

Love…

Richard

1 comment:

  1. I’m all for celebratory naps … Just the ticket … And no one naps like Rudy dog. He’s king of napping, hands down, no growling necessary.

    Jackie is out of town. My friend, Jae, and I went out to hear a couple different acts at a couple different venues. I took a page from your book: hard listening; wide open listening. Such a pleasure to hear live music.

    I’m so happy that your family is together. Your sons are strong and true, just like you raised them, just like you showed them. I celebrate the mothers: your own mom, your sons’ mom, the mother of that great bass player, Eric. There are extraordinary mothers in your family. What a lucky bunch you are. Here’s to the mothers. Here’s to you. Here’s to Little Bang, the mother of destruction and healing, and here’s to over halfway through. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete