Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27, 2010 – Radiation 32 [3 to go]

Yesterday’s contest question was ably handled by BeJae: 

         Fo-wah! Fo-wah!

I remember that Roy Bookbinder used to travel in a motor home and fish during the day at gigs on rivers and lakes. I played right after him at a venue in Oswego, NY years ago. They told stories of his guitar playing and his fishing. They took me to the edge of the great lake at midnight and I felt its power even when I couldn’t see it.

Fo-wah! Fo-Wah!

Looks like code or concrete poetry.  I need t-shirts to hand out.  This is a contest.  There will be a prize, of that you are apprised.  That, and poor grammar!

As for today:

I’m immersed in the Thursday fatigues.  Ready to dive back on the couch.

Thanks all for your love, comfort, and support.  I still hop up on the bench under Little Bang even knowing how I’ll feel in a week.  You give me that confidence.  Thanks for being you!

Love…

Richard

4 comments:

  1. Yeah one more this week and time off for good behavior... !!!!

    Hugs...

    TaDa ... (I go by TaDa on line .. can you guess why ? ~ cause I beat the cancer)! As you will too!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! for your wishes and your spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is code. And it is concrete poetry. It is three. Three. It’s unfreakin’believable. Three. A three-day weekend, a three-day rest, a three-day recuperation, a three-day break before the final two. And tomorrow is Friday and the streets will be ours.

    I was telling a friend only a couple of days ago how very much this blog has meant to me. It is a tremendous comfort to know how you are from day to day. Even when the days are hard, and I know that these days here at the end are very hard, very fatiguing and painful … but, even on these hard days, it’s a huge comfort to know that you are okay in spite of the difficulty and the pain. You’re there. You’re with us and you keep going.

    But, besides the great comfort of knowing that you are moving forward even when it’s hard, I have never been through this with anyone before. And now, if it happens, if I have to go through something similar or someone close to me has to go through something similar and they need my support, I will have some idea of what’s going to happen and what it’s going to be like. It won’t be so foreign and unfamiliar to me. I won’t be as lost and I won’t be as scared. That’s what you have given me and I am so grateful to you for that. I have never sat in the infusion room … but, I feel like I have. I have never seen the deliberate movements of Little Bangs powerful arms, but I feel like I have. And if I ever have to go through this or help someone else go through it, as the music begins, I will say to myself, “Oh, yeah, this. I remember this. This is hard, but it passes. This is difficult, but it will be okay.”

    Tomorrow is Friday. The streets are ours. The countdown continues. And you persevere. Here’s to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counting down with you - I hope the fatigue will end and you can enjoy this beautiful spring weekend!

    ReplyDelete