Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23, 2010 = Sunday + 7 and holding

A weekend of sleeping and resting, days spent trying to heal the body and mind.  My throat is sore on the inside and scratchy & itchy on the outside (radiation burns.)  Seven radiation sessions remain, this coming Monday – Friday and the following Tuesday and Wednesday.  The radiation suite is closed for Memorial Day.

Then, I heal.

Thanks everyone for staying on this trip with me.  It hasn’t been easy, but we are so close to the end.  We’ll walk hand in the real future.  And dance together…

Love…

Richard

3 comments:

  1. Look at how far you come and you are just now hitting a bump with the sores and burns... 7 more counting down with you.... On an up note... My lower esophagus got sore durring radiation (burns on the inside) ... lortab (pain med) comes in liquid syrup ... I was shocked when it was perscribed to me seeing it in liquid but it worked and there is also a med out there called magic mouth wash... it has a form of numbing med in it and works good too! Hope that is helpful... how many more chemo sessions do you have? When will they take that thing out of your stomach?

    So happy the radiation is just about done for you. you took it like a champ! Pat yourself on the back buddy .. I didn't hear ANY whinning from you...!

    talk to you tomorrow

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tube is my friend. It comes out when I can eat & drink enough by mouth to gain weight.

    Intensive chemo finished in early May. The Chemo I get now is a "complimentary chemo", non-intensive makes the rad work better.

    My neck itches. Diverting.

    Time for another can and then bed.

    Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope you don't have to have that tube in long... praying for you

    ReplyDelete