Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010 – Radiation 30 [5 to go], Dreams.

Little Bang’s arms elegantly dance to Rebecca Coupe Franks’ horn and the sweet purr of hydraulics.  It’s the same dance for all thirty-five gigs, one I’ve decided not to learn by rote.  Every time I experience it, it’s new to me.  (Though to be honest, I kind of know the finale.) 

Maybe my gift to L. Bang could be to learn and dance in common on my last visit (to be honest, though, Ms. Bang is too surreptitious to let that one slip by, but has a kind heart.)

Today, I spun some funky jazz, Rebecca Coupe Franks’ Check The Box, tracks played: “Life Has Just Begun”, “Thursday”, Exposure”, “Starting All Over”, and Check The Box”.  If you haven’t checked out Rebecca, stretch your ears!  On Box, she adds slick vocals to her mix of medium horns (trumpet, flugel) and keyboards.

5 radiation treatments to go!  FIVE!

Rest of the day went off well.  We’re gearing up for POST-treatment recovery.  Sounds good to me!

Thanks everyone for your comfort and support.  Your love and grace especially helps me on long days like today.   Onward!

Love…

Richard

3 comments:

  1. You always bring the music for the Little Bang dance, each tune meaningful to you. Though the movements are the same each time around, they have a different relationship to the music. It's that relationship that changes everything. Always the relationship.

    Five to go. Five. And there is a lovely long weekend before the last two.

    Recovery. Healing. You'll find a soundtrack for them. You always do.

    I just realized that I rarely think of the Alien anymore. I used to think of the Alien a lot. Now all I think about is you and Ms Bang and the countdown and recovery and healing and the dance and the music. I think that the Alien is already gone. That's what I think. I think that Little Bang, bless her accelerator soul, is only doing "just to be sure" clean up work now. I think that the Alien is already gone. I think we've won.

    Here's to you, my friend, and to Ms Bang. Five to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard,
    I'm happy u enjoyed my new release! I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon. Thanks,
    Rebecca Coupe Franks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Rebecca's new album "Check the Box" is helping during your treatment and healing process. The album is dedicated to her father who she lost last year. I know it means a lot to have a listener out there who understands the challenge of surviving cancer. Looks like you are doing great.
    Be well. Hillary Wilson(RCF Management, www.rebeccacoupefranks.com)

    ReplyDelete