Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13, 2010 – Radiation 22 [13 to go] – zzzzzzz

The pattern holds true.  Monday and Tuesday, I have energy.  Wednesday and Thursday, I am fatigued.  Today I slept in the car.  I slept traveling near. I slept traveling far.  I napped lying on the couch.  I napped sitting on the couch (and Adam had a whole conversation with me without realizing I was out.)  The doggies snuck out my Visa card and were ordering treats and toys off the Petco website when I woke up just in time.

Ok, a bit of exaggeration but I’m slaphappy.

Today was a light day at Dana Farber.  Adam drove and traffic was reasonable.  I had radiation early.  Today’s music was from Jim’s Big Ego’s Don’t Get Smart recording.  Tracks played were “This Message”, “Ahead Of The Curve”, “Ambition”, and “Love Everybody”.  Then we went upstairs to see the Swallow Therapist.  She went down the set of benchmark questions and declared me on track.  The ride back to Worcester was easy, or so Adam told me.  I slept.

When we arrived home, I camped out on the couch and slept.  I did wake to do a few cans of formula.  The key was to stay conscious until the can was empty.  That was my afternoon and early evening.  Ad wants to watch the Celtics-Cavaliers basketball game with me.  I’ll try to stay awake!

Not an exaggeration; it’s taken an hour to write this post.  And my eyes are sleepy.

Thanks everyone for your support and comfort.  I never feel alone on this journey.

Love…

Richard

3 comments:

  1. my husband is watching the game ... Celtics are up.... I just love that you are so upbeat ! keep it up..

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet healing dreams and/or ballgames in your nappings.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to sleep before the 3rd quarter ended. But I dreamed the Celtics won and they did.

    Thanks Laura and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete