Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6, 2010 – Dreamscapes

If the rhythm of this cycle matches the last cycle, today should be the nadir.  Slept very well last night.  Woke up around 8:00 am and grabbed a Boost as breakfast #1.  Found swallowing a painful undertaking, so I took a Percocet and swigged with Magic Mouthwash.  I waited a while and tried a soy yogurt and a pudding cup.  Got them down, but not easily.  Did a few chores (keep busy!) around the house, and checked my email. 

During the primary effects of the chemo, this start of my day, from waking up until my first nap, is most challenging.  I feel the effects of the nighttime meds wearing down as a mix of dizziness and emptiness.   The morning pain meds are in my system, but haven’t kicked in.  After a couple of hours of milling in place, I lie down and take a deep nap.  When I wake up, I am refreshed and comfortable. 

Today, the temperature is nearing 50F degrees and the sky is deep blue sunny.  Ann & I hung out on the deck while the dogs ran around the yard.  I love the way the air smells while Spring is in its early stages. 

Just now, I’m typing away while trying to stay awake (though recording my real-time dreams could be interesting.)  I have Adam Torres’ Nostra Nova (thanks John & Wendy) playing on the stereo.  The sun is pouring in over my left shoulder.  My eyelids are too heavy.  I think it’s time for a nap.


Naps are delicious.  They come in all flavors and don’t hurt to swallow.  If I’m lucky, I have a dog as a guide.  Feel rested and refreshed.

Given the level of need for pain meds, I have to put my book away.  It’s a fine book.  I’m enjoying the plot as it ramps up and the characters as their secrets and history unravel.  It is not fair to the author if I fall asleep every few pages and forget crucial details.  So, I’ll let music and video take center stage.

The late afternoon sky is cloudy but friendly.  I’m feeling very well for this stage of the chemo cycle.  I’m curious to see if I start gaining strength tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day.  I’m enjoying today.

Love…

Richard

1 comment: