Friday, April 9, 2010

April 9, 2010 – Day One In Chatham

Ann & I got up this morning, packed our bags, and drove leisurely to Chatham on the elbow of Cape Cod.  On the way, we stopped at Uno’s in Bellingham MA.  Ann had the Asian Salad.  I had the endless soup and salad which amounted to one salad and one bowl of Uno’s delicious vegetable soup.  We arrived at the Inn around 3:00 pm and have been relaxing ever since.  I tried for a nap, but my sleep cycle is shot.  Eventually, I’ll fall asleep.

It’s raining today, but Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be sunny.  We’re looking forward to walking the beach tomorrow!

During our three-day Cape Cod vacation, my postings will be brief.  I’m also staying off email.  This is a break!

I shared this information with some of you last night as insomnia kicked in, but it’s really happy news.  At 11:00 pm, I received an email from one of my Dana Farber team about yesterday's CT/PET scan.   It was sent by the hematology/oncology fellow who never seems to sleep and always seems to be at Dana Farber:

"Your scans confirm a response to the chemotherapy - which we already suspected based on the clear decrease in the lymph nodes in your neck that we could feel.  It's not completely gone yet, but we've definitely made progress."

Now we're gonna kick that cancer's butt out with radiation.  Course the radiation will kick my butt, but I'll recover in two months.

Thanks everyone for your support and for being on this roller coaster ride with me.  I never feel alone.  I am so grateful that you are all in my life.

Love…

Richard

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome Richard.... have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete