Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10, 2010 – Day Two In Chatham

Ann & I are having a great time.  We’re relaxing, taking the day slow and easy.  I finished Christopher Moore’s new book and will move on to Lori Lansens’ The Girls, the first time I’ll read a novel on a Kindle.  Oh, I do love tech toys and even more the folks who gifted me this one!

The weather is sunny but breezy.  We spent the morning wandering around outside the Inn exploring places to sit in the sun.  The view of the Atlantic Ocean with the Chatham sandbar prominent is magnificent.  We hiked down to the beach and listened to the ocean.  Ann took a walk while I sat and read.  After lunch, we leaned into soft easy chairs in front of the fireplace and picked up our books.  We returned to our room where I lay down on the couch to relax and fell into a deep power nap.

Speaking of lunch, I’ve been eating up a storm (what does that mean anyway?  I love metaphors, but a storm?  How do I digest that?)  Let’s just say, that I keep finding add-ons on the menu to augment my meal.

This is a really fine break.  I go long stretches without thinking about cancer or cancer treatment.  We are both recharging.  Having time just for us with no distractions and no schedule is delicious.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind thoughts.  A special thank you to the Kindle crew.  I am truly blessed.

Love…

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment