Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday June 5, 2010 - Back in Mobile with the Memphis...again

I'm ok.  The two weeks after my type of radiation treatment ends are the two worst weeks of the whole protocol (chemo + radiation.)  Fatigue peaks as does the pain. Most often, I cannot read or write.  It's almost over but not yet.  Ann thinks I'm a little better each day.  I'm hoping that a week from today, I'll feel weak but human - can then work on my recovery by eating soft food.  That's where Jeff is. 

I'm sorry I've been silent but I've felt like crap.  I promise to get caught up when I can physically write.

Life is sweet.  Treatment is complete for phase 1.  I have three months "off" until another PET/CT Scan.

Thanks everyone for your comfort and support.  I draw on your strength daily.  I can't imagine getting this far without your love and help.

Love...

Richard

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there buddy.. You feel human which is a good sign... I can remember days being dropped off and I would plunk right down on the couch with my sweatshirt still on (OCT) and lying right on the couch just not able to move and eyes wide open... Many times the girls came in and were like "Ma why is your coat on"..it does get better... The worst is behind you..and it does get better (although you may think so) it does each and every long day.. slowly but surely..listen to your body and do what it tells you to do..

    Hugs from FL

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. You are telling me just what I read to hear. Appreciate your friendship and the goodness in your heart...

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard,
    You are something else! Going thru all this pain and suffering yet you have time to make a donation to Ali's favorite charity.
    There are no words to describe your awesomeness!
    And the children who have all gone thru treatments thank you too!
    with much love,
    Nancy & Ali

    ReplyDelete