Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2, 2010 – Radiation 35 [treatment completed]

I'm wiped out but quite happy.  Radiation treatment is complete.  Music today from was Particle's live soundboard of the show at The Paradise Theatre on 11/15/03 - tracks played were "Make It Real" and "Simulator".   My sister Renee drove me to and from Boston and baked one of her famous chocolate chip cake for all the wonderful folks on L2.  A splendid time was guaranteed for all!


I get to keep the mask, now referred to masque as it has been deactivated.  It's currently living on my bedroom chair!   After radiation, a neck wrap, and a few minor repairs to the old feeding tube, we did the outpatient dispatch paperwork.


I can't keep up with email and phone call flow.  Please understand that I love you all, and will try my best to reply to email after the next week or two; these next two weeks are supposed to be the most tiring and painful of the entire throat, neck, and tongue cancer treatment.


Thank you all for being here with me during this tiring and difficult battle with the disease.  Your love, support, and comfort carried me through these days and will continue to carry me in the days ahead.  I am blessed by your grace and presence in my life.    I LOVE ALL OF YOU!  THANK YOU!

Love...

Richard


4 comments:

  1. YAY it is behind you ..... thank goodness... flying colors too! when does the tube come out

    good for you Richard.. Praying hard it did its job.... good thoughts... good thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hearts' zooms are rapt round you during these tough days.
    Love the photos. That masque is HOT! ;- )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Masque it totally hot. Along with Particle ... and the whole finished thing. Okay, okay, I get it that it isn't finished, that there are days to come when maybe you won't feel better than the day before. I'm sorry to hear that this is the most difficult, most painful part of the trip. But, I want to tell you this ... and I didn't tell you before now, because it was so discouraging: I have an acquaintance back in Iowa who recently went through this same protocol. He had to stop in the middle of radiation and take a week off. It was so difficult that he couldn’t go on. But, now he’s fine, feeling good, pronounced cancer-free. You and Little Bang have been so devoted to each other, keeping on tenaciously. And, even though you feel like s**t right now, you are healing. The process has already begun. It’s not apparent yet in how you feel, but your smart, tenacious, efficient body is miraculously healing itself … Just like my over-nipped cuticle … Your body is healing itself. You should sleep through it, that’s what I think. Okay, okay, I tend to be a slacker, but that’s what I think. You’ll be riding your three-wheeled thingy through Sanibel and doing spreadsheets and math at A and D soon enough. Take some time off. Your body deserves some time off. It has served you amazingly well.

    None of us expect you to answer email. We expect you to rest and soak up our love. We expect you to learn to take as good as you give. Come on. Come on. This is a challenge.

    I leave for Iowa tomorrow. I’m not sure what my internet access will be. But, if I go silent on you, I want you to know that I am thinking of you, I am wishing you well, I am grateful to you for including me in this amazing journey and I have faith that the Alien is gone. I have not abandoned you. I am listening.

    Thank you for your resolve, your courage, your inspiration, “your sweet good nature,” as our friend Annie once wrote. Please rest, recuperate and rebuild knowing that we all love you and treasure you and admire you beyond words.

    Onward, my friend. Onward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of your fortitude, cheerfulness and positivity in face of your most difficult life challange. You rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete