Friday, June 11, 2010

I must be patient.

Thursday's trip to Dana Farber for acupuncture was uneventful.  I am enjoying the treatments.

I need to get on on a schedule to ramp my days up.  I need periods for naps, exercise, eating, writing, World Cup matches, etc.  A schedule serves as a disciplined framework for my day.  It's too easy to sit back and develop bad habits at a time when I need to heal.

I'm feeling overall ok.  My throat and mouth remain sore.  At this point, I have to accept that soreness.  It will fadeaway with time, most areas fairly quickly.  I'm still fatigued and need extended naps.  But I am ahead of where I was a week ago.  It's a slow process, some days seems like I'm swimming in place.

This is a tiring process, tiring on me and on Ann.  The doggies are are stressed out, too!  We feel like we should be at the end (and are) of this treatment protocol.  The depth of the recovery process is greater then we imagined, even after experiencing recovery signposts during chemo.

Thanks for being with me, these recovery weeks are difficult, and your support, love, and comfort help me through the bumps and grinds of this new road.

Love...

Richard

 

2 comments:

  1. I have been sick Richard.. sorry I wasn't around to cheer you on.. I had some type bug that made my bones throb... glad your symptoms are giving you some relief slow that it may be it is an improvement...

    ONWARD..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better Laura. Missed hearing form you, glad to know you are well.

    Onward... Richard

    ReplyDelete