Friday, June 25, 2010

For once, adverts on TV for food are delectable!

For so many countless reasons, it's good that Ann is here.  I could have/would have slept all day today without her encouragement.  This wasn't a day that tracked well.

We slept in.  Apparently, at 10:00 am, with clear diction, I shouted HELP!  Ann came running, her heart racing.  For me, it was a dream.

Ann had an early work meeting at the house, to I made myself scarce until after noon.  The end of the scarce was lying in bed napping.  As I said, I was ready to sleep the day away until Ann made some gentle suggestions.  Instead, I

ate an Eggbeater (equivalent 1 egg)
road the LifeCycle (6 minutes @ 1)

At 3:30 pm, Rabbi Seth stopped by and we talked about me, cancer, and recovery.  Seth helps me put things in perspective.  It's easy to get lost in illness, it's good to have an experienced guide.  Seth thinks that a component of eating food as opposed to formula through the tube is an element of being human.  People eat to live but more as a social mechanism.  The dinner hour pulls us together.

I need goals and a schedule to keep me moving.  Napping is too easy.  Adjusted for medical appointments, each day should include slots for the LifeCycle, real meals (as opposed to formula), formula, naps (start & end times), blogging (yes, you), and general email response.  And it's time to start reading again.  My focus is improving.

I need to take my life back.  The schedule plus real meals seem to be the keys.  Once I can eat real food in quantity and variety, I believe my recovery will be rapid.  Oh, how I yearn for food that has flavor, doesn't burn, and swallows easily.  That will come.  I can move it along by forcing that eggbeater down each day until my recovery progresses.

For once, adverts on TV for food are delectable!

Thanks all for your support and comfort.  You are my fountain and anchor.

Love...

Richard

1 comment:

  1. You got it. You've got your life back. You've uncovered the secret: Live.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you ... For inspiration ... For keeping on ... Yeah!

    ReplyDelete