Monday, June 28, 2010

Ann says I'm doing better

so I must be doing better.  This morning, she compared how I feel and act now to how I was doing just after radiation - then two weeks ago - and then a week ago.  The further we go back, the more dramatic the differences.  So, I can't dance and eat solid foods, can't chug water or any beverage for that matter, but I am moving forward.  Albeit, (I guess) impatiently.

It's real hot & humid today so I did a LifeCycle ride instead of walking.   I don't have a set in time schedule, but I am getting tasks done each day.  When I can chug water or swallow solid food, I will be really happy.  Have to take it one day at a time, though.

With Ann's broken hand, I'm doing all of my feeding and medicating myself.  This is a sign of progress.  There was a period of weeks when I couldn't keep track of meds (or time of day) and slept nearly round the clock.  Don't worry - Rudy Dog cross checks me!

Thanks for your comfort and support.  Now is an easy time to get lost, but you folks keep me honest and happy.

Love...

Richard

2 comments:

  1. It is a slow process but does get better with time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep me honest and happy back. You do. You're amazing. And you're right: If Ann says you're better, you are. You really are. This is a day to celebrate. Your body is doing its miraculous healing ... Oh, I know, I know, not fast enough ... But, it's doing it. It's happening.

    Oh, that Rudy is such a very good boy. I'm grateful to him for being such a good companion.

    Here's to chugging fluids and swallowing solid food. It's coming, my friend ... It's coming.

    I send you love from the OH state.

    ReplyDelete