Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Busy week to come

Ann saw the orthopedic surgeon today.  She'll have surgery tomorrow.  A plate will placed in her left arm above the wrist.  The plate will keep both arms the same length, add strength, and allow a quicker recovery.

Today, Renee drove me into Dana Farber for my acupuncture appointment.  Traffic was startling light and we arrived early enough for me to make a stop down on L2 to see Maureen.  Maureen is a radiation oncology nurse and would have done my discharge but our schedules got out of line.  We touched base and I got the once over.  My feeding tube is working well and looks good.  My mouth, throat, and tongue are making steady progress.  Maureen did a basic brain adjustment on me - I have to have reasonable expectations on the speed of my recovery from radiation.  My swallowing will come back and my pain will lessen.  I am getting closer everyday.  I am getting stronger and better everyday.

On Thursday, I see Dr. H. & Dr. H. and the medical oncology team.  Our friend Susan will drive us.  (Currently, Ann & I are keyless per our doctors.)

Time to get ready for tomorrow.  Ann appreciates the good thoughts and wishes as do I.  You are wonderful.

Love...

Richard

2 comments:

  1. i will say a prayer for you wife...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    Sending zooms your way. Hope all will be well tomorrow and you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete