Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chicken or the egg?

Yesterday, I swallowed three tablespoons of Tofutti Vanilla Frozen Soy Yogurt.  Today, with my late lunch of two cans, I had half a container of Eggbeaters - about an egg, scrambled.

Progress.

This is the current step:
  Eat, no matter what it tastes like, eat.
  Spices will do you no good.
  Can't hide flavor because flavor is nil.

My taste buds will rebound.  For now, it's mechanical.  At least I feel hungry at times!

Thanks all, for the cards, the love, the laughs.  You are my fuel and motivation.

Love...

Richard

3 comments:

  1. Eating! Real honest to goodness food eating. This is so great. Congratulations.

    Thank you so much for the post, my friend. I know it's tough going these days. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for stomach tubes! See, I never thought I’d say that. I haven’t given much thought to stomach tubes before, but I’m thrilled about them now that I know how handy they are. I’m so happy that you can pour sustenance through your stomach tube while your throat is healing. Soon you’ll be scarfing down tofu and beans and vegan chocolate cake just like you used to. But, for now, the tube is our friend. I won’t miss it when you don’t need it anymore, but I’m beyond grateful for it right now. Here’s to the tube!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my friend. I am thinking of you tonight. You and swallowing. Who would have imagined that swallowing would even be a thing to think about? And, yet, I’m thinking tonight of swallowing and about how wonderful and underrated it is. It’s a miracle. Swallowing.

    Here’s to swallowing. Here’s to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete