Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Learning to eat again

I'm doing much better with my eating.  Each meal starts with real food followed by a can of formula.  Two cans of formula three times a day has maintained my weight - so steady that the Nutritionist jokes about it.  So, my weight will suffer but hopefully for a short period of time only.  Food still doesn't taste good and Imodium is my companion.  Eating is my job.  I am grateful that I can eat with little discomfort - I'm off of pain medications - and that my swallowing has improved so much.  Still a ways to go.  I'll be happy when my taste buds bounce back!

I take a walk everyday.  Getting stronger, on a good day my walk is 45 minutes.  I hope to be over an hour soon.  If the weather's bad, I head over to The Greendale Mall and walk there.  I think of what a showplace it once was and how rundown (empty storefronts) it is now.

My CT Scan and PET Scans are on August 30th.  I get the results (am I cancer free) on September 1st.  Say a prayer, please.

Thanks everyone for your support and comfort.  There are days I have the blues and knowing you are out there with me helps beyond words.

Love...

Richard

2 comments:

  1. Always and you will get good results... how is the bells palsy ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the same. Will take a few weeks to subside. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete