Friday, August 27, 2010

Big Week Coming!

Next week is a big week for me.  On Monday, I have a CT Neck & Head Scan and a PET Scan scheduled.  Wednesday, I find out if I'm cancer free.  Say a prayer or commune with your spirits for me.  I've started to eat solid food though it has little taste (my taste buds sill haven't rebounded.)  My weight has been rock solid on the liquid formula diet (via stomach feeding tube), but now as I cut out formula for real food, my weight is dropping.  We are trying to address this.  Part of the problem is that my appetite is non existant.  It's my job to eat and I eat when full.  If my scans are ok, getting back on a solid diet and losing the stomach tube are the major challenge.


Today is Ann & my 32nd Anniversary.  We walked Institute Park this morning.

If you'd like to help in the fight against cancer, consider a donation to Dana Farber Cancer Institute.  It's the research facility where I'm being treated.  I've joined the Team Head & Neck (the specific department where I get my care) for The 2010 Cancer Walk.  Please view my page at:

http://www.jimmyfundwalk.org/2010/fox

Thanks everyone for your support and comfort.  It means more than I can express.

Love...

Richard

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored to support you and the work of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Thank you for your courage, your kindness and your inspiration.

    Happy anniversary to you and Ann. Here's to 32 more happy years together, cancer free.

    Love to you, my friend, my hero. Walk on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your generous donation, BeJae. It means so much to me. The staff at Dana Farber is special. They treat the whole person and are very accessible. The famous doctors are humble and humane.

    Thanks for your constant support. You brighten days that are challenging. I look forward to walking in the fields with you again sooner.

    Love...

    Richard

    ReplyDelete