Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pattern of a day - with a travelin' twist

Not much news on the health front.  Still hurts when I yawn and do swallow exercises.  It'll be that way for a time.  I take meds through the tube (one of which makes it easier to digest and "move" the formula), wait a half hour, have my formula (yum-yum), then do swallowing exercises and east semi-solid food while the pain med is most effective.  Today my lunch times match yesterday.  Big whoop - I need something to find wonder in.

Ann is brilliant, ok you all know that!  Yesterday, Ann realized that her vacation (week after next) and Dan's vacation (next week) matched an open week at one of the cottages at Wind-In-Pines on Sebago Lake in Maine.  Dan moved his week to match and now we're going up to WIP a week from today through Thursday.  The trip probably would be too much for Ann to pull off alone, but with Dan's help, we can make it a real vacation.  Yum - more formula!  The folks at WIP are going to do some stuff to make it even easier.

WIP (link one official site---  link two my photos) is a rustic cottage colony that the four of us (Ann, me, Dan, & Ad) have been enjoying for well over two decades.  It is our place to relax.  This is a surprise bonus this year!

Thanks for all your consideration and concern.  I'll be carrying you up to Maine with me next week, we can revel together.

Love...

Richard

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Richard... Bonus surprise is right... Just make sure your blood levels are good before you take off.... I am jealous ! but You more than earned it! I was always a White Mountain girl when I lived in MA... Someone just recently told me they re constructed the Old Man in the Mountain... What is up with that.. My parents always took us there when we were little and I carried on the tradition with my girls when I lived up there. My girls all did the Flume, Santa Village, Story Land ...LOL just Like I did when I was little...

    Ok I am on the down side this weeknd fighting a major cold and trying to head it off before it settles in my chest where my scar tissue is and becomes a mess.... Hang in there ... You are doing wonderful...

    Oh I wanted to share with you a book I just read... it is called "The Cancer Survivor's Guide (The Essential Handbook to Life after Cancer) by Michael Feuerstein,PhD, MPH and Patricia Findley, DrPh, MSW...

    I had saw it at a store and then went to the library and took it out. Even almost 4 yrs later, I found it helpful... You may want to check it out at your library...

    also if you go to www.curetoday.com you should be able to sign up for a free suscription of the Cure ~ I LOVE MINE and it is free and has lost of updated information ....jsut fill out the part that says free gift subscription..

    Ok... talk to you soon enjoy the rest of the weekend..

    ReplyDelete