Monday, September 6, 2010

Real Food

Happy Labor Day!

Saturday, Dan visited and we went out to El Basha, a Middle Eastern restaurant here in Worcester.  I was able to eat some salad (how I've missed salad!), a entire bowl of thick lentil stew, and some french fries.  It didn't go perfectly but I was able to swallow the food.  This is a pick-me-up!

Tonight, we're going to Pizzeria Uno with Larry & Laura.  I hope to be able to take on more salad and pasta marinara.  Keep you posted.

I'm having my Power Port out on September 13th - simple day surgery.  If my weight is stable on September 22nd (same as my last weigh-in), I can have my stomach feeding tube removed!  I'm working (eating) hard to meet that goal.

Thanks everyone for the kind words of support and comfort.  I've never felt alone through this whole journey.

Love...

Richard

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you are able to eat. I know it's hard work, but you are so strong and determined, I'm sure you'll win this battle, too. Hang in there.
    sam

    ReplyDelete